Are you interested in
creating a healthier environment
for yourself, your crew and your guests
while reducing your footprint?
By following these steps, you will be…
- Eliminating ubiquitous plastic
- Switching to non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning supplies
- Bringing on board high-quality, commercial-grade microfiber that lasts (“buy well or buy often”)
- Incorporating “best practices” recommended by the Charter Yacht Brokers Association (CYBA)
- Leading the way in environmental responsibility and sustainability
STEP 1: Purchase Green for Yachts products.
Choose your green package:
- Concentrates save thousands of plastic bottles
- Natural, biodegradable cleaners safe for people and the planet
- World’s best microfiber (buy well!)
Protect our blue planet
STEP 2: Drink Filtered Water
Offer guests the choice of drinking the yacht’s filtered water rather than bottled water. Charter Yacht Brokers Association CYBA recommends educating guests about the importance of reducing plastic water bottle waste before they reach the provisioning list stage. CYBA is leading a collaborative effort to reduce the use of plastic bottles on charter yachts throughout the world.
Many of the pristine areas where charter yachts operate have no means of recycling. All trash ends up in the landfills. Plastic bottles are especially problematic as they can take over 400 years to decompose.
STEP 3: Go paperless
When possible, use e-brochures instead of hard copies; transmit contracts and forms by e-mail. When you print, use recycled paper and print on both sides.
STEP 4: Recycle
Adopt a policy to recycle all paper brochures, bottles, cans, etc. as well as batteries, print cartridges, cell phones, etc.